Blogging about the Sweetest Things in Life

Reflections on the extraordinary moments of an ordinary Mother.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Tour of the Sewing Studio

I'm lucky, I know.  Many sewers have to share their space with the family at large, while I get to have my own dedicated sewing studio.  It's heaven I admit, and the best part is that I can close the door when a big project blows up all over my room!  Alas, it won't last much longer since I've made the decision that my 10 year old is ready to have his own space apart from his little brother, so I decided to give everyone a tour of my studio before it relocates to a corner in the family room.

I love looking at other people sewing spaces.  I'm not sure mine will be inspirational to anyone, it's not filled with beautiful glass front cabinets from Pottery Barn or 1,350 identical, labeled cubbies.  Don't get me wrong I would love to go all Ikea on it but the 1,112 mile round trip is kind of a deal breaker.  So this is my humble little "home" to be lived in and loved every day, and it is lived in every.single.day.  Sorry, but I'm not taking all the things off the bulletin boards for a "blog worthy" photo.  This is real life baby, not a magazine.

My view from the hot seat



The Goal Board and inventory




The magic corner.  I sew on a Viking machine and a Babylock serger and I love both dearly.


 Postage scale and drawer full of thread, notions, precut interfacing, zippers, polymailers, etc.


The ironing board with a view (and a new cover!).  It's a great place to catch the sunset!



The "Office" and back up sewing machine





The small walk in closet that holds way too much fabric for my own good!
 


So there you have it.  I highly suggest a dedicated sewing or crafting space if you can make it happen.  It is a joy to work in!


No comments:

Post a Comment