Blogging about the Sweetest Things in Life

Reflections on the extraordinary moments of an ordinary Mother.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Plan... for Dinner

This week it's all about having a plan!  Life runs smoother with a plan.  Our day flows better with a plan.  We stay on budget better with a plan (and cash envelopes!).  

Meal Plans are the same way.  I save money when I do a meal plan.  I love having a meal plan because I don't have to rack my busy brain at 4:30pm to figure out

A) what the kids will eat and
B) what I have the ingredients for on hand

We participate in the Bountiful Baskets Produce Coop which is a fantastic opportunity to keep myself inline with a meal plan.  Every Saturday morning I clean out the refrigerator in preparation for our basket.  That evening I sit down and plan the week's meal around the fruits and vegetables in our basket.  I'm a supporting member at AllRecipes.com where for a small annual cost I can customize my own menus and edit and print the coordinating grocery list.

This week our basket consisted of Romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes, broccoli, avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, blackberries, grapes bananas, Asian pears, fuji apples, and clementine nectarines.  It's a fantastic value for just $15!



I also got an extra vegetable pack with an Italian theme that included; Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, yellow onions, red onion, garlic, Italian parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, and Basil for an extra $8.50.



And this is how it translates into a Meal Plan for dinner.

Sunday
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with fresh spinach
Alyson's Broccoli Salad is always a favorite, although steamed broccoli would also be good








  

Monday
Supreme Calzone

Calzones Cheese and pepperoni for the kiddos, supreme for Mom and Dad
Side Salad
Apple Crisp for Desert


Tuesday
Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini  
Sweet Dinner Rolls are a huge hit and a standard in our house
Blackberry Cobbler


Wednesday
Lasagna
Side Salad
Cheesy Garlic Biscuits

Thursday
Chicken Cordon Bleu
 Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes
Apple Cranberry Cobbler


Friday 

Italian Topped Garlic Bread and Eggplant Parmesan


Eggplant Parmesan
Side Salad
Italian Topped Garlic Bread



No comments:

Post a Comment